Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Timeless Tuesday #256 ~ 2014 Pantone Color

I took advantage of the GAMBLERS sale at Flourishes and got 20% off of my order! They are on the way and I should have them soon. I don't know how they get them here so fast, but I love it.




The challenge this week for Timeless Tuesday is use Radiant Orchid, or any shade of purple will do. Purple is not a go to color that I use, but hey, this is a challenge. In my card I used the stamp set Garden Picks. Love the bouquets of flowers and the jar for the vase. I was worried that I would not be able to show the water in the jar, but it turned out ok. Here is what I did. First I embossed the image of flowers with clear and heat set it. Then I did the jar the same way. I sponged the panel with Lavender lace ink (SU)and wiped off the excess from the image. I colored the flowers and the water in the jar with Copic markers, and used an oval die to cut it out. There is a white lacey oval behind that. There are panels of DS from GKD on the base and I used foam squares to adhere the image to it. The greeting is from the same set and the ribbon bow above it, as an accent.


Thanks for looking, and there is plenty of time to get your project in for this challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Barbara! I love your pretty flowers and that patterned paper pack is one of my favorites! I love purple and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is fantastic! I just love that you embossed it in clear and used a dark ink for the bg. It really does look like glass like this. Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet card! Purple is one of my favorite colors, so I appreciate this card even more, especially since you used green with it. I love those colors together. And your jar just pops - way cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Barbara! I love all the tones of purple you included. Your jar vase and bouquet are beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining our "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should use purple more, it is such a lovely card! There's just something about a mason jar full of posies--whether on a beautiful card such as yours or in real life! So pretty, so rustic, a favorite of mine! Well done!

    ReplyDelete