Thursday, July 31, 2014

Inky Paws Challenge #12 - Beach Theme Challenge

The challenge is to make it beach themed.  I have several stamps set from Newton's Nook, but no beach theme.  I absolutely love the Birthday Bash set and have used it many times.  So I got to thinking..... something I do sometimes.  lol   Don't laugh!(Donna, Judy, Sharyn)
If I made the balloon that Newton is hugging into a beach ball.......Well here it is. 


You can find the challenge HERE
I choose Distress Water color paper to use my water color pencils on.  With my fine point copic marker, I drew in the necessary lines to make the beach ball and colored it, and Newton with the pencils and mywater brush.  Next. I used the free greeting, and after printing it out, traced it onto my paper to get the correct placement.   More watercolor for the BG and the sand.  The texture is made with a sponge and then stamped some green grass too.  Newton is just bouncing, hanging onto his beach ball.  I could not resisit the glossy accents on the ball, with a black gem in the middle,. 
Here is a closer look at it.
 
I am having too much fun. 
Please have a great day, enjoy your family and craft, and I will see you all soon, my crafty friends. 
 

8 comments:

  1. Cute and so clever to make Newton holding a beach ball. It looks like you had fun with this scene too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beach scene and that sweet cat! Wish I was near a beach.....lol! Great watercolor card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this on Newton's blog, and wow, I just love what you did! The beach looks fabulous, and well...I love Newton and your beach ball looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh!! You have captured a feeling perfectly here. Newton is at the beach, and has just caught the ball. So, so cute!!!! Love how you achieved the look of sand and sea here, and the beach grass is the perfect final touch! Really, really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever you are. That little guy is too cute and the background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I'm not laughing I am loving! Very clever, very cute....really love that beach ball! Beautiful beach scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great! I love that you took the Newton from the birthday stamp set and made the balloon into a beach ball - so creative! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever, clever adapting and superb watercoloring to give it a beach feeling!! You did a terrific job!!

    ReplyDelete