Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Make It Monday #222 Die Cut Kissing

Hop on over to Make It Monday to see how Betsy Veldman does this technique on to dies.  This is a rather new twist of this technique and I was motivated to give it a try.  Betsy's version is very clean and simple.  Mine turned out a little more busy should I say.
Here is the link to see the video BETSY's technique

Here is my take on this challenge.
































I needed a solid stamp and I chose the Rounded Diamonds by Avery Elle to start this card.  The die is from PTI, In The Woods.  As you can see I used a lot more of the die on my card than Besty did.  I really like the die and could not cut it up.  The diamond was stamped onto the base four times to form the image that you see.  Then I added another one in the center that is attached with foam tape to give it more dimension.  There is lots of texture on this one. The sentiment is PTI, Wet Paint.
Inks used were Jelly Bean Green and Fresh Asparagus from GKD.  Rhinestones from my stash.
I am Ok with this card, I think I will try it again using some different dies and stamps.  What fun.
I will enter this card in the Make It Monday #222

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting and beautiful! Love the different shades of green. I watched the video, but feel I need to watch it again. Hope to join in on the fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your take on this challenge Barbara! It may be busy, but it kept my eyes looking everywhere to take it all in...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique and beautifully done. Love all the colors as well. I will have to check out the video now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on this technique. Looks like your forrest goes on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could have cut that beautiful die cut up either, it's just lovely! It's a happy hello peeking through your forest! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this - great colors. And yes, I couldn't cut up the die either. It's beautiful. I thought this technique was really fascinating and you have nailed it perfectly!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't had time to see the video but love your card....I am intrigued for sure! Hope you are well my friend!

    ReplyDelete