Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mod Squad Challenge - Lavender and Lace

The Mod Squad is featuring the rather new stamps, for me anyway, from Kitchen Sink Stamps.  My outstandingly talented and great friend Judy Woodland is the Host this week.  Take a look at the card that she did for this challenge. That cameo is so real.  That is because the Kitchen Sink Stamps are layered in at least 3 steps. 
I was lucky to win a set, and now was my chance to try it out.  Well, I had to admit that I had some trouble lining up the layers and was about ready to quit. Seriously!  But a short text to Judy got me on the road again.  (They must have a song for that?) Thank you Judy.  So here is my Lavender and Lace card for your challenge and That is why it is a Thank You card. 

The recipe:
Lavender card stock from SU
White layering card Stock from GKD
Kitchen Sink Stamp set Daisy
Simon Says Die Chain link ( hope that it looks like lace)
Memory Box die A Little Thanks
Inks on the flower, Almost Amethyst,Lavender Lace, Wild Lilac, and Edible Eggplant
Leave ink, Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green
 One flower is stamped and the other one was fussy cut and pop out with dots
Last, cut three THANKS out and a glued them together and put Wink of Stella on it.

I got it now Judy!

Thanks so much for stopping by, there is plenty of time to join on this challenge.  If you use KSS, you will get a second entry.  It is a random winner, everyone has a chance. 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful job,my friend. Love the flowers, and how you used that die, Makes a perfect backdrop for the flowers, and the askew sentiment is perfect. I wish I would have contacted Judy before I pulled out more of my already thinning hair as i was making my card. I finally figured out how to line up the images but not with out a lot of try and fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. I need those daisies now too. LOL I love being able to go to the forum and see how to align things up better. I just made a classic truck one and it looks awesome but for the life of me if it were not for those downloads I would have never figured out where to put that one part,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the die you used and your gorgeous flowers. What a great thank you card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love that die and they way you placed it and the whole layout of your card! Fabulous flowers, stamped and fussy cut. Love how you made your own chipboard accent too. Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love this so much!!! You really nailed that stamp set! Love the lattice background and how you have placed the flowers. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week with the Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous design with your pretty purple daisies!! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful KSS creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful colors, Barbara, and I love the die and the word die! Stunning layout! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete