Sunday, August 16, 2015

Power and Spark challenge Shabby and Chic


I really like the looks of Shabby cards, but I do not do them often. So this was a real challenge for me. I have had this stamp set and it reminds me of late summer and fall, so that is what I used.
Here is my card.

I used the stamp set from Power Poppy called Sunny Harvest, love those Chinese Lanterns. I was practicing my newest technique, White Wash. You stamp the image with white, and heat emboss it. Then using white ink and water brush, paint it white. After drying, you can paint on colors. I love how this turned out.





http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate that you take time to leave a comment.

9 comments:

  1. I love the look of the white wash on your card. Beautiful composition and design elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the white wash on your card. Beautiful composition and design elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, this is so pretty!!! I love shabby chic too, but don't do it well. It's too messy and random for me, my brain doesn't think that way. Your card is gorgeous, and I especially love that stamp - so different. I have never seen it before. Really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love the shabby chicstyle and the white wash technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Barb, this is beautiful, and I just love the white-wash technique for a really gorgeous shabby chic look! You've really nailed it! And what beautiful dies and flowers to "shabby" it up even more. Stunning, and I was delighted to see it in this week's Power Poppy email from Marcella Hawley! Beautifully done, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea how I missed this treasure! And now you're super famous in the Power Poppy email blast too! Your creation is so pretty, so unique! Love the whole look of it, never have heard of it, so thanks for sharing! This is so much more Chic than Shabby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Barbara! I love the looks of shabby chic, but do not do it well myself. This one is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card! I'd love to know what dies you used. Your "white-wash" technique is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has a wonderful fall feel to it, the embossing is awesome! Beautiful. Thanks for playing in our Chic and Shabby challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete