Sunday, April 17, 2016

Altenew Inspiration Challenge


                                 http://i1.wp.com/altenewblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Altenew_Inspiration-Challenge_April.jpg 
Altenew has a challenge from places abroad, and I new I had to enter as this challenge is Thailand. 

I was fortunate to have visited Bangkok, seven years ago and remember it well.  What an experience, one that I would not have imagined if our daughter and family were not living there.  There is so much color and gold and everything shines. 
I when back to look at some of my pictures from our visit there.  
There are shrines everywhere


This is the reclining Buddha.
The Royal Palace
 Well, enough reminiscing, I want to show you my card that was inspired by this challenge and my visit to Thailand. 






































I was inspired by the colors of the inspiration photo.  
To make this card here is what I used.
Card stock from Gina K Designs, Ocean Mist, Black Onyx and White.
EF , gold Color Shine spray,  Spellbinder die Majestic Elements ( just parts of that)
Frozen Glitter on the blue ornaments.
Altenew stamp Painted butterflies and Wink of Stella on them.
Simon Says die for the Hello.
I am entering this card in the challenge at Altenew here
This card really shines, and I had fun making it.  I hope that you will join in the fun.  Thanks for your your comments as always I do appreciate them. 


8 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. I love the glitter and shimmer on the card design too. And, great colors. Thanks for sharing your story about your visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW how exciting for you. Your daughter recently moved back, yes? Gorgeous card, I love what you created, you can see all of the inspirational elements in your card! That brilliant gold, the lovely teal...the texture and dimension. It's all there in a glorious way! You should send this to your daughter, how fitting! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOTALLY awesome!!! Didn't realize you had visited Bangkok, what an experience!!! Your card is perfect for this challenge, love everything about it. It glitters, it shines, and all the elements work perfectly!! LOVE the colors you chose, and the corner treatments. Just perfect! And I agree with Donna, send it to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous job and design! Didn't know that Thailand was on the other side of the world! Have a Blessed day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine your card must be quite dazzling in real life, Barbara! It is simply gorgeous and so perfect for the challenge! Thanks for sharing your amazing Thailand photos! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now... something else we have in common. I too have visited Bangkok. Hubby was stationed in Thailand so I went to visit. Love this card. Fabulous colors and sparkle. the butterflies are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the sparkle and shine! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Barbara! I love the way you have used the embossing folder by adding the blue accents. Love the sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete