Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Power & Spark for October

                                     
Each month the challenge at Power Poppy is a challenge for designer power and creative spark, just as the image above says.  As you can see, this month we are to create and make it MOVE.  I had to do some research for this.  I looked at You Tube and found THIS, a surprise by the funny and creative Allison Cope.  Check it out, she will make you laugh for sure.  
My card design is a bit different from Allison's as I remembered the Magical Card and I decided to do that instead.  Magical card you will find that here.  

This card is more of an exercise in Paper Engineering, than creative, but it is a challenge and here is what I got. 
  I added some interest to the front, but you have to be careful where you put things as this card moves! 
  I even made the back side more interesting by using a punch.  Still not exciting.  

Here is the fun part. 


Here are the supplies:  Power Poppy Stamp set Party Time.
12 X12 scrapbook paper in dark brown
 My Favorite Things Sweet Celebrations paper pack 
Two white brads and white ribbon from my stash

I will be entering this in the Power and Spark Challenge HERE

Thanks for brightening my day with your comments.  




7 comments:

  1. Oh this is FANTASTIC! I love the 'magic' of this....plus it's a tag in a card, my favorite! So FUN and original and it really moves! That cake looks sooooo YUMMY....maybe I will go bake something! lol FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have made a MAGIC CARD!!! LOVE making those. The first one I ever made was for my grandbabies a few years ago and they could not figure out how I did it. Yours is just fantastic.....and I didn't know you had that stamp set, it's so cute. Oh, and I love what you did with the banners......GENIUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great MAGIC card you made. I have never done one myself but it does look interesting. And, a bit more complicated then what I am used to doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment about more engineering than creative made me smile but I disagree, It is just fabulous and fun. Have to watch the videos on how it is done. You know I love anything that moves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Barb, look at you! I love this card and what a delight! Someone is going to be very surprised when they pull this tag up! Beautifully done, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh look at you! What a terrific slider card! I love cards that are interactive! This is really really good my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun slider card! Love the image and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete