Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Congrats on your first year



Wow, it has seemed like a long time since I have posted anything or even made a card.  The holidays were busy and those of you that know me also know of some other issues that made time to craft difficult.  Then there was are annual trip to Florida for the winter.  But we are here now, and I have set up my new craft room and I am working again.

I am entering this card is these challenges. 
Double D Challenge - Anniversary Celebration Here
Simon Says Monday -  Fresh start, use something new Here
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes Here


This is the inspiration board for the Double D Challenge. 



Here is my card.

What do you do, when you do not have the right color card stock?  Use your inks!  This is a white card base and a white layer.  I used GKD ink in Peach Bellini and inked around the edges. I also inked up the embossing folder with the fireworks and embossed that.  I fussy cut the birthday cake from the Power Poppy Stamp, called Party Time.  The first time I have used that. After adding the sentiment from the same stamp set, I put some stars in the correct places.  These are also the first time using them.

Well, now I feel better.  Got a card made and posted and now I can enjoy the sunny Florida day.
Thanks so much for brightening my day with your comments.


9 comments:

  1. OMG this is just awesome Barb! BEAUTIFUL! What a clever design and your colors came together beautifully! So glad you came to join our celebration! Enjoy that FL warmth ... pretty cold here in Ohio ... brrr! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so unique and fabulous. I love the embossing folder as a backdrop for your cake and sentiment, and your sponging is fabulous. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your craft room is all set up and ready for some action! LOVE this card, you captured the colors perfectly! I really thought your embossing folder was a die cut, look at that detail, love how you accented it with your stars too! I am so happy you are there, settled in and crafting already! Yippee and Yahoo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one stunning card, great colours used and design is all so beautiful. Thanks for entering our Double D anniversary celebration...Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the debossed fireworks behind your cake! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, Barbara! The fireworks background is so cool and worked out perfectly with the cake, looking so much like a celebration. Beautiful job on the background and love the added stars. You have a new craft room? Now, that's something to celebrate! Thanks for playing along with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. DEFINITELY a party on a card. Love that fireworks background for your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous! Love the beautiful color scheme and embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us a Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. super fun birthday! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete