Thursday, July 6, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Red, White and You!

What a catchy title for this challenge.  Red White and You ( The last color is your choice) 
At first, I thought a red, white and blue card would be great for the first challenge in July.....But then I decided to be a little stinker and make it different.  I have been on a gray kick lately and that is the color that I added to my red, and white.  I also pulled out a stamp and die set that I have not used at all. MFT stamps make the cutest cards and this is the one that I made for you.
 For this card, I used the MFT Tropical Flower and matching die, along with the Rectangle Peek-a-boo window.  The card base is Gina K designs white heavy weight, and the flowers are stamped in Gina K Tomatoe Soup and White pigment ink.  This stamp is a double stamp image. The leaves are stamped in  Memento London Fog ink. For the stitched rectangle die in the background, I used a 110 lb paper that I bough on sale at Michael's.  A little water added to Distress Pumice Stone  ink and I made the splatters on the upper corner for interest.  Hmm... maybe some sequins should be there too. 
I used the gray for the inside of the card.  It is a light gray to write on and I had a leftover leaf die cut that I used there too  You can see a bit of it in the picture.
The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, It's your Birthday.

Don't forget to take a look at what the other designers have done for this challenge at Seize the Birthday. 
We also have a New Party Quest, her name is Lindsey and you will find her blog Here.    Her blog title is Bashful Blogging, but she is anything, but bashful.

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your comments, they do brighten my day.

15 comments:

  1. Loving the speckled background on this card and the frame is perfect for the gorgeous flowers. Clean and simple but classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous red flowers and the gray frame and leaves. The splatters are a great touch.
    Have a great weekend Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design you made and those colors. I think the speckled background looks great and there is no need of sequins in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your speckled background and those Bold flowers that had recently been ignored! Great third color too! Funny how we get on a binge of a certain color. Right now mine is Purple. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too ... love that speckled background! AND I must admit ... I really like the red/white and GRAY! Looks fabulous! How pretty are those flowers offsetting the frame ... well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those large flowers!! Grey is such a perfect combination with the red - kinda glad you didn't choose blue here!! :)
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why! These colors are so striking, what an awesome creation! Those flowers are the best, so happy and sweet! Great design, Barb, you always come up with something so pretty and so unique! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gray as an additional color was a great choice!!! So the big bold flowers can stand as main focus perfectly! Love the splatters, look very good without any sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love everything about this card. The flowers are gorgeous and the frame is the perfect backdrop for them. Also, a huge fan of the splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply beautiful. I really like how you always make some kind of a frame as part of the design. It's so pretty here....love grey and red together. And I love that stamp set too, have not seen it before. Oh, and the splatters are must the perfect final touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, this is fantastic, lovee the gray and especially your stitched frame...it is waiting for me at home and I have to wait 10 days to play with it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbara, gray is such a great neutral. It seems to look good with every color and it works fabulously with your big red blooms. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous color combo - turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think grey is a fine choice. ;) Love the big blooms spilling out of the frame! Great to be joining you for the next few challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great color combo Barbara! you aced this challenge!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete