Friday, January 5, 2018

Double D - Second Birthday

Time sure flies when you are having fun.  It is the Second Birthday/Anniversary over at  
 
I think that there is nothing like a bunch of fun balloons to celebrate a birthday or anniversary and I was inspired by the balloons here. 
Here is my card.

I have started to include objects in my photographs and in this picture, you see a sign.  It says This is my Happy Place.  That will go on the wall in my craft room.  
The sea shells are there so that you know I am in Florida. 

Ingredients:  Penny Black Antique Frame ( from the Dies R Us store)
                      Paper Trey Ink, Scene It, Celebration stamps and dies
                      Vellum and Kuretake Starry Colors, water colors. 
                      Gold embossing power and gold paper 
                    (really shelf covering that I bought last
                       year at Walmart.  It has a sticky backing.)
                       blue green and pink Spectrum Noir markers

I will also be entering this in the Challenge at Dies R Us  #88 anything goes.

Well, two posts in one day, I would say that is probably enough. 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a closer look. I appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Barb, this is a fabulous card! Love the framed balloons and the gold looks spectacular! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Birthday/Anniversary" Celebration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Barbara! LOVE the balloon and the gold framing is perfect to accent the celebration! I even 'clicked' for a better view of your fabulous card! (I like a close up to see all the wonderful details.) Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us and for joining in the festivities at our Double D 2nd Birthday/Anniversary! Good Luck and can't wait to see more!

    Darlene
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the challenge, Barb. Love the gold and how you picked up on the stars and balloons in the mood board. Glad you took the time to share with us at DD Anniversary Challenge. Sent you a little package the other day. You should get it tomorrow or Monday. Are you gettin cold weather in Naples?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so well designed. I love your balloons and also the die you used to showcase them. And, you hit the colors perfectly. I am afraid when I did it I just went with my own color scheme. But as long as I like it I tend to do that a lot. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy card with those bright, beautiful balloons! The colors are lovely and I really like the added gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, with the torn gold edges and gold frame for the gorgeous balloons. I love how you have staged your photo too. I'm trying to do that more. But you have to find just the right thing. I like the colors you have chosen for the balloons, this is a great take on the challenge. So happy you could join us over at Double D. Wonderful to see your gorgeous creations there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sure looks like a celebration to me! I really love the balloons with the stars all around, and clever to use the shelf liner. I've been holding onto some leftover gingham shelf liner just for crafting. I have to mention your sign is perfect for your craft room. It is such a happy place, isn't it? Thanks so much for helping us celebrate at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh we all know you traded in your snow shovel for a sand shovel--nope not green with envy or anything like that (I lie!) lol This is such a fantastic celebration card! The gold stars and edges make it POP! Reminds me of a Shaker card and you know they are my favorite! Love your happy sign and seashell! And I am not bitter that today started out in the high 50's and will drastically drop to the mid 20's...nope doesn't bother me....(again, I lie!) Goooooo Pats :) xo~ Thanks so much for playing along and celebrating with us on our 2nd Birthday at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member, Happy Birthday/Anniversary Challenge.

    ReplyDelete